"Media Remote(BD Remote)" is an App designed to let you take control of some of Sony’s latest Blu-ray/TV/AV Receiver Products.
Check the Sony website for a list of compatible models. The app is not designed to work with PlayStationR3 or older version Blu-ray/TV Products.
Blu-ray Disc Player BDP-S370, BDP-S470, BDP-S570, BDP-S770, BDP-S1700, BDP-BX37, BDP-BX57, BDP-S380, BDP-S480, BDP-S580, BDP-S780, BDP-BX38, BDP-BX58
Blu-ray Home Theater System BDV-IZ1000W, BDV-HZ970W, BDV-E970W, BDV-E870, BDV-E770W, BDV-E670W, BDV-E570, BDV-E470, BDV-E370, BDV-T57, BDV-F7, BDV-F700, BDV-F500, BDV-E985W, BDV-E980W, BDV-E980, BDV-E880, BDV-E780W, BDV-E580, BDV-E380, BDV-T58, BDV-L800M, BDV-L800, BDV-L600,
Network Media Player SMP-N100, SMP-N200
AV Receiver STR-DN1020
BRAVIA TV KDL-HX920series , KDL-HX820series, KDL-HX720series, KDL-NX720series, KDL-EX720series, KDL-EX620series, KDL-EX520series, KDL-EX420series, KDL-EX320series, KDL-CX520series
Sony Internet TV NSX-24GT1, NSX-32GT1, NSX-40GT1, NSX-46GT1, NSZ-GT1
A demo of the features is included to let you try before needing to connect the devices, select "Demo Player" from "Connect".
- Some of the key features:
1. Simple Remote: this allows you to navigate through the graphic user interface. Simply glide your finger over the screen to move the cursor and tap the centre to select “Enter”.
2. Full Remote: this gives you the option to use the almost same buttons as you would have available on a traditional remote, enabling one touch control of most of the key functions of the Products.
3. Software keyboard: to help you type characters more easily a full QWERTY touch-screen keyboard has been included.
4. View Blu-ray movie information: the App will allow you to view details of the movie you are enjoying ? find information about the cast or directors, or images of the jacket. There is also a seamless link to YouTube to search for content related to the movie.
A couple of things you should know:
1. "Media Remote" will only work if your mobile device and Player are on the same wireless network.
2. To connect the mobile device and Player, use the "Settings" screen on the bottom right of the App Select "Add Registration" and then follow the steps in the Player’s set up procedure to complete the connection.
3. A seamless link to YouTube is subject to change or termination without notice.
4. About the following permissions:
These permissions are used by the "Catch & Throw" function for Sony Internet TV*.
They allow you to display your phone's bookmarks on Sony Internet TV, and to also bookmark pages shown on Sony Internet TV.